How to renew your PRC license at SM Mall of Asia

July 24, 2013

How to renew your PRC license at SM Mall of Asia




As of July 2012, PRC licenses can now be renewed via select SM malls. I think it a boon because now you can easily renew your license without having to brave the crowds and the heat of the main PRC headquarters and its vicinity. Office employees need not file for a leave anymore too just so they can trek to PRC Manila. You may now renew your license during mall hours these days, so you can actually fit in renewing your license in between window shopping and grabbing a bite.

Here's the step-by-step:
  1. Go to SM Mall of Asia's business center, located at the second floor right beside Philcopy and very near Razon's. The entrance to the mall closest to it is the one near the Japanese restaurant Yabu.

  2. Bring the following:
          * Php 450. for the renewal fee
          * Php 50. for the business center's processing fee
          * Php 80. if you want to have your ID shipped to your residence directly via Air21
          * A passport-sized ID photo
          * Your old PRC ID
          * A photocopy of your old PRC ID (front and back)

    3. Fill out the PRC ID Renewal Form they'll give you. You can also download and print it here

    4. Expect to have your new PRC ID delivered after 20 days.

Notes:

* The 13 PRC ID Renewal Centers are located in:
  • SM Mall of Asia
  • SM Novaliches
  • SM Marikina
  • SM Masinag
  • SM Manila
  • SM Quiapo
  • SM Harrison Plaza
  • SM Sta. Mesa
  • SM Sucat
  • SM Mall Bacoor
  • SM Mall Dasmarinas
  • SM Mall Calamba
  • SM Mall Lipa City
* If you forgot to bring a passport-sized photo, there's a shop right across the renewal center where you can have your picture taken and printed in just 15 minutes. The fee is Php 80. for a bunch of passport-sized and 1" x 1"-sized photos.

* If you forgot to bring a photocopy of your old PRC ID, you may have it photocopied in Philcopy.

* I strongly suggest wearing or at least bringing a shirt with sleeves and a collar for your new ID picture. Apart from the aforementioned passport-sized photo, another picture of you will be taken at the business center. This is the actual picture that will appear in your new ID.

* The entire process just took me 10 minutes. I went on a Saturday afternoon.

* I have a nursing license.

* I asked about the additional fees for expired licenses, and they said it was around Php 20.-30. for every month past the expiration date.

* Especially if you're coming from far away, I highly suggest calling the business center of the SM mall where you plan to renew your license first just to be sure.

* Absolutely everything I know about the process is already detailed in this blog. 

If you have a question that isn't answered by this blog, it only means one thing: I don't know the answer either. :) For all other queries, please do call PRC or the business center of the SM mall where you plan to renew your license.

You're welcome. :)






30 comments

  1. thanks so much for the info!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this one. But I have a problem, I lost my PRC license but I have a photocopy of it because I used it as a requirement for my application for a card. Can I just bring the photocopy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that, but I think that the business centers just handle straightforward cases.

      Delete
  4. di ko nagustuhan yung gnito sa sm manila, binasa ko to before kya dun ako ngpunta, ngulat ako nung sabihing 2months ang processing ng renewal kya di ko na tinuloy, dinaig pa prc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talaga? Sa SM MoA ako nagpa-renew. Straightforward naman ang process, and my ID was shipped to me after just 3 weeks as promised.

      Delete
  5. thank you, I will be renewing my license this year. I find your blog very organized:) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you very much for the info! I've been very hesitant to go to the SM mall because I was not sure whether they would accept renewal for expired licenses. Thanks for posting regarding the additional fee... now I know that I can have it renewed without having to go to PRC Manila. BTW, I am from Pampanga. Thanks! Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're from Pampanga, maybe you can try calling the business center of the SM mall you plan to go to first just to be sure. You're welcome and happy new year! :)

      Delete
  7. good eve. ask ko lng po aside from the picture i will bring i have to pay another for the ID? tnx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the info :) is it okay to renew in advance the prc even if it's a month advanced before its expiration date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. That's what I usually do anyway. :)

      Delete
  9. Ineentertain din ba pag authorized person lang ang magpaparenew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i believe you have to go there in person kasi regardless may dala ka ng passport id picture, they're still going to take a picture of you. back up lang nila yung submitted mong photo.

      Delete
  10. pwede ba mag pa renew kagad kahit 5months pa bago ma expired ang license?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very informative. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! THANK YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sa mga maraming tanong pwedeng magbasa at pwede ring igoogle niyo gago

    ReplyDelete
  14. I susurender pa ba yun expired id?

    ReplyDelete
  15. good afternoon po, paano po pag expired na ng 15months yung id ko regarding dun sa certificate of good standing?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paano kung wala nag yung luma kung PRC ID? na wala na kase. hindi na ma hanap.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please note that SM does not let Architects renew in the Business Center. Direct to PRC daw.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this info..:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing this info ;)
    I filed my application last 12 Mar 2014 at SM MOA Business Center and until now (4 months later); I still have yet to receive my PRC license.
    So to those planning to renew their license here, better think twice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's terrible! My experience was very straightforward and hassle-free. I hope you've followed up your application.

      Delete
    2. Already called the business center couple of times, always got the same reply... " Wala pa po dumadating e..."

      Delete
    3. Must be incredibly upsetting. Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you.

      Delete

Blogger Template created by Photographic Elements